The Financial Information Exchange (FIX) protocol is a messaging standard developed specifically for the real-time electronic exchange of securities transactions. F
FIX/J is a full featured messaging engine for the FIX protocol. It is a 100% Java open source implementation of the popular C++ engine.
• Full source code available.
• Supports FIX versions 4.0 – 4.4, 5.0/FIXT1.1.
• Runs on any hardware and operating system supported by 1.4+ Java SE or compatible VM.
• Compatibility with FIX C++ Java Native Wrapper API (easy to upgrade)
• Java NIO asynchronous network communications for scalability (using Apache MINA)
• Supports embedded SSL with Java 5+
• Provides standard JMX MBeans for FIX engine management
• Easy to embed in existing Java applications.
• Choice of message processing threading strategies
• Communication transports for TCP sockets and VM pipes.
• Metadata-driven parsing and validation.
• Metadata-driven code generation of type-safe FIX message-related classes.
• Metadata API for use at application level (for example, FIX messaging UI).
• Support for protocol customizations (new messages, fields, constraints).
• Session state storage plugins: JDBC, File, SleepyCat/JE, In memory
• Logging plugins: JDBC, File, SFL4J (supports JDK1.4 logging, Log4J, Commons Logging), Console, Composite
• Failover and High Availability.
• Scheduling of session connections.
• Many automated unit and acceptance tests.
• Example applications: Simple Swing order entry UI and a console-based order execution simulator.